Faculty of Medicine Travel Grants for Researchers, 2018 Autumn Call
The Faculty of Medicine has decided to offer travel grants for scientific and pedagogic conferences outside Finland, and for international lab visits. In 2018, the application process is organised twice, first call took place in February and second now in September.
Travel grants are available to researchers on the second and third levels of the University's four-level system for teaching and research staff, and to grant recipients (postdoctoral or similar levels including those with a grant-recipient's contract) of Faculty units (Clinicum, Medicum, and RPU) for travel to a scientific or pedagogic conference outside Finland or for an international lab visit. (Level 2 - Postdoctoral researcher, university instructor Level 3 - University lecturer and clinical instructor, university researcher, senior researcher, research coordinator, assistant professor). Doctoral students, professors and research directors are not eligible to apply. In RPU preference will be given to applications from postdocs.
• For scientific conferences, either an oral or a poster presentation is required.
• For pedagogic conferences, no abstract is required.
• Each applicant can only be awarded a mobility grant once during a calendar year, either in the February or the September call.
• The applicant must have a contract of employment or grant period or visiting research scientist agreement in Clinicum, Medicum or RPU in force until the end of the travel.
• The travel should take place by the end of 2019.
The amount of the grant depends on the destination, as follows:
• Europe 1 000 euros
• Other continents 2 000 euros
To apply for a travel grant, please complete e-form by 30 September 2018 midnight:
The unit directors decide on the grant recipients during October 2018.
For more information, please contact:
Clinicum: Tuomas Hurri (email@example.com, tel. 02941 25166)
Medicum: Heidi Smalin (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 02941 26636) or Outi Paltola (email@example.com, tel. 02941 26455)
RPU: Merja Voutilainen (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 02941 25321) or Outi Paltola (email@example.com, tel. 02941 26455)
For general advise for all units: Sanna Villikka (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 02941 23200 )